The Cordoba Solista Cedar Top Classical Guitar features a solid quarter-sawn Canadian cedar top that produces a warm, rich, and melodic tone perfect for serious players. Solid Indian rosewood back and sides lined with a rosewood binding and intricate braided purfling add crisp definition and an elegant appearance. The Solista features a Spanish cedar neck and smooth ebony fingerboard. The neck is topped with a hand carved headstock and Cordoba Premium Gold tuners with black ebony buttons for stable tuning and stylish looks. (Click here to hear the pronunciation of "Córdoba".)
Made in Spain
Top: Solid Canadian Cedar
Back/Sides: Solid Indian Rosewood
Neck: Spanish Cedar
Fret Dots at Frets: V & VII
Rosette: Inlaid Wood Mosaic
Tuners: Premium Gold Tuning Machines
Truss Rod: Two-way Adjustable, 4mm
Bracing: Spanish Fan Bracing
Finish: High Gloss PU
Case: Humicase Protege
1. Well setup. Good service by Xguitars. This is my first reason why I consider Xguitars instead of other stores.
2. The packaging could be improved. Some movement of the hardcase neck inside the box. This is a 1/2 star substraction.
3. At first, I feel the guitar, especially the neck (with truss rod), is heavy. This is my first "expensive" guitar, so I don't know how it is compared to other brand. However, when I place it on my left thigh, it is well balanced, I don't need to use my hands to hold it in place. For my other guitars, I tend to pull the neck down (left hand) while playing to counter balance with the weight of the body, or try to hold firm on the body (right hand) so it won't slip. Also, my short fingers are really appreciate for the u-shaped neck. It much easier to spread my fingers over several frets without causing dead sound.
4. I just started to practice again after decades of hiatus, I couldn't rate the sound (of course it is better than my old guitars) since I don't have much time with my new guitar yet.
5. Down the road, I would purchase from Xguitars again.